Back in the day, when we converted to metric, it was a very difficult change management process to go from feet to metres, inches to centimetres, etc. And I wasn't even driving yet.
On Sunday morning I went for a ride out to Canmore; I had personal reasons for that specific destination which go back 33 years. Took the old HWY 1A West which was a bit more twisty, but the quality of the pavement is crap. Considering that most of this route goes through a reserve, I am not surprised that the agency resposible for the road is letting it go...
On the way back, I was in a bit of a hurry so I was averaging about 150 KPH (93 MPH) on the stretches that didn't seem likely to have photo radar lurking. I did creep up to 202 KPH once (125 MPH) when the opportunity presented itself.
Felt pretty good actually, although I may want to avoid offramps at that speed.
No stunting, just pure speed.
2 comments:
I took my bike up to 201 km/h on highway 2 just to see how it felt. It's great, but very hard to judge distance at that speed (i.e. how many seconds does it take at this speed before I plow into the bumper of that truck ahead of me?)
I would prefer that you did not meet such an end, Cassa.
It is way better to plow into the back of a truck at 185 kmh
Post a Comment