Sunday, June 11, 2006

If a motorcycle falls in a forest, can anyone hear it scream?



I have figured out that music while riding can be a cool thing. I am not talking about singing in the acoustic chamber we call a full face helmet, with the echoes of the amplifphiers ringing in my head.

I am talking MP3.

Wind is noisy. No other way to phrase that. It whistles through any available space. I have seen riders use earplugs, but I started to think that my Sony earbuds could provide me with some relief.

I put 72 Hip tunes on a Mini Disc and the next morning I didn't want the commute to end.

If the "Man" really wanted to curb hi-speed motorcyclists, he would give us iPods.

_________________________________________________________

So I Recess (TM)

_________________________________________________________

The Darwin Awards:

This guy had allowed the motorcycle to sit idle for several months. When he attempted to start it again, the wait had drained the battery. Undeterred, he attempted to bump-start the bike. A manual-transmission vehicle rolling with sufficient speed, popped into second gear, will often start right up, and this is called a bump-start.

The owner lived at the top of a long hill. After a number of repeated and unsuccessful attempts to bump-start the bike, he was left with another problem: a stalled bike sitting at the bottom of a long incline.

The man called his girlfriend to bring her truck and tow the bike back up the hill. A length of rope was procured. One end of the rope was affixed to the truck's bumper, and the other was affixed to the waist of the bike owner "riding" the stalled motorcycle up the hill.

They set off, she in her truck and he on his bike. All was well until he chose to make one final attempt to bump-start the motorcycle. As soon as the clutch engaged, the engine turned into a brake. The bike stopped cold. The owner did not.

His girlfriend was blissfully unaware of what was happening behind her and proceeded to drive to his house, dragging him slowly behind her.

Despite his injuries, he is expected to recover.



No comments: