
I rode out to Kelowna this weekend.
The long and short of it is: I had 2 weeks booked off but had to cancel part of week 1 (today/tomorrow) due to some work stuff. My wife and kids still wanted to go and we decided that they would go up for 5-6 days, and I would meet them on Saturday night.
1400 km in 2 days is pretty tough on the body...
Calgary to Kelowna should only take 6 - 6.5 hours, but I had to stop every couple hours to rest and hydrate.
Yesterday it took me 7.75 hrs to get home.
On the way back, I hooked up with a Porsche that seemed eager to push the envelope and it became my riding buddy. His comfort level seemed to be the 150 - 180 kmph range and as I had just fueled up in Golden, I was there for the duration.
His Porsche is fast, but it ain't no Silver Jet.
Having said that, it was great to have a riding buddy from Golden to Calgary, even if it was a car. We hooked up at the light at Couontry Hills and Shaganappi and talked for a bit.
Me: Thanks for keeping me company!
Porsche: Dude, that was fun!
I may have made a friend...
I have a riding hall pass tonight and tomorrow night as they aren't coming home until Wednesday.
I would prefer another bike to ride with, but high performance sports cars will do in a pinch.
1 comment:
You gonna ride your Jet Ski to work? Keep talkin' crazy and I will grind pebbles into your nostrils again!
Dude, the reason you get in behind a car is so that the car takes the radar hit...have I not taught you anything yet grasshopper?
Post a Comment